Saturday, January 23, 2016

If I Had Half a Brain!



Ahhhh...Life uninhibited! I'm sure many people wish to live this next year free of insecurity, free of judgement and free of expectations. I think the only way for us to do that is to kill half of our brain. Mostly I think of how nice it must be for Tanner. His brain has empty parts. His brain has parts that are scarred  and underdeveloped. Yet he loves life. He can do anything he wants to do without regret. His enjoyments are so simple and require no ambition nor permission. He is truly a free human being! Can you imagine the pure pleasure of picking your nose....I can't either. It looks relaxing?


So let's say you just don't feel like wearing clothes for the rest of the day...... This is Tanner's attempt at undressing himself after I put him in his room for a "time out".  His underwear is stuck on his foot but no big deal!

And sometimes a person needs some alone time to relax and feel content. And the hum of a vacuum and the feel of the motor's heat is heavenly.

If I had half a brain I would quit paying attention to the pressures of life and listen to the white noise of radio static and the back ground monotony of CSPAN and the hum of the clothes dryer and the faint drone of classical music and the undertone of Mary Poppins intro music and the buzz of a Nintendo game... all at the same time! This is what Tanner does. Every second of every day he needs background noise to drown out the silence.
Since I have a whole brain I go quite crazy




No comments: