Friday, November 1, 2013

The Twelve Years of Halloween

When the kids were still young I lovingly made their costumes myself. It was a fun project and made Halloween special for me. Really it was the only time of year I hauled out the Bernina and pretended that I knew how to use it. Now that Hailey is 14 she won't let me dress her up anymore, in fact, she won't wear anything that I think is cute. Tanner doesn't even know what Halloween is so I don't bother with him.
This year I abandoned the holiday entirely and escaped to the movie theaters as Dave served the 367 children who came to our door. So while I was at the IMAX, comfortably seated and well entertained poor Dave stood at our doorstep for 3 hours straight as the hoards of Iron Mans, Katniss', princesses and ninjas held out their sacks. I think I have found a new tradition...hope Dave doesn't mind.

-----------------HALLOWEENS OF THE PAST


--------------------1999 (skeleton and surgeon)

----------------------2000 (cave men)

-----------------------2001 (patriotic)

-----------------------2002 (ghosts)

------------------------2003 (Hawaiians)

-----------------------2004 (Dr Suess)

-----------------------2005 (mummies)

---------------------2006 (Frankenstein Monster and witch)

----------------------2007 (skeletons)

----------------------2008 (Chinese)

----------------------2009 (Cleopatra and Caesar)

------------------------2010 (Hobo)

No comments: