Thursday, November 28, 2013

Flu Season

Most people agree that throwing up is nasty. But most people aren't terrified when faced with the probability. Hailey would rather be dangled off a cliff than throw up. First of all she denies what is about to happen by walking around in circles and hyperventilating. Next she tries to convince her body that it doesn't need to throw up by talking to herself, "it's okay, it's okay, it's okay." Next I hand her the traditional "throw-up" bowl, which also happens to be the spaghetti bowl, and make her carry it around with her. The bowl makes her feel worse. Then when I think she is over her bout of nausea, she bolts for the bathroom only to miss the target.
After all these years this moment is so predictable. I hear myself whispering "get closer to the toilet, get your head down there" because I know she will wait until it's too late. Eeeewww!

 

No comments: