Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The Sound Of Joy

 One of Tanner's classic characteristics is that he is considered "non-verbal". I find that word to be hilariously ironic since he has the loudest and most expressive "voice" I've ever heard! As many of you well know, Tanner is very verbal but cannot speak. He has different sounds depending on his moods. My favorite vocalization from him is a sound he makes when he is content and happy. The sound itself is discordant enough to drive a bystander insane, I mean literally INSANE! But since I associate this particular pitch with a boy who is comfortable and at ease I have grown to welcome it. I use his "ahhhhhhhhhh"..breath..."ahhhhhhhh"... breath...."ahhhhhhh" to gauge his whereabouts. When the sound stops then I know he is bored and on the move. Boredom is bad, "ahhhhhh" is good.



No comments: