Friday, June 8, 2012

The Secret of Poo

Now that Tanner is out of school and home all day he follows me around the house like a big, loud, clumsy puppy dog.He always has to check out what I'm doing. Sometimes a mom just needs a little alone time and I discovered a way to keep him at bay. I can't believe that I haven't used this trick earlier:  a little background first......
Tanner has always been grossed out with the site and smell of poo. He gags on his own stench. If he sees poo in the toilet he gags and practically runs away.  I remember instances when he was sitting in a lake or a river and a poo shaped stick would drift near him. He would start gagging and frantically try to push it away.
A while ago I was enjoying a relaxing, hot bath (candles and bubbles and soft music). Of course Tanner found out where I was and started banging on the door. Annoyed, I shouted,"leave me alone, I'm going poo!" Next, I heard a little gag and he never bothered me again. Brilliant!!
Now, when I want to sleep longer in the morning and he comes banging on my bedroom door I just shout "I'm going poo!" and he leaves. I know this won't work forever but it sure is fun.












No comments: