Friday, June 29, 2012

After Dinner Clean Up

I really enjoy preparing a good old fashioned home cooked meal.
I like the smell of freshly chopped herbs, the sound a hot
fry pan makes when it's ready to saute onions. I like watching
sauce thicken and bubble. Heck, I even like how home-cookin'
tastes when it all finally comes together to make a meal.
However, dinnertime is never a peaceful time. Hailey is busy
picking out all the onions, I'm soaking cookware to simplify the
subsequent clean-up. Dave can't sit still and always needs more
ketchup. Tanner is done with his meal before the rest of us begin.

As background, I must say that Tanner uses no utensils when
he eats. He shovels food into his mouth like a common raccoon.
He is also strapped to his chair much like a prisoner.
Therefore, picture a captured, ravenous animal sitting beside
me devouring dinner as if he hasn't eaten in days. In his delight
at being fed he flings food around, flipping mashed potatoes and
ranch dressing from his fingers. When his cup is empty he tosses
it, when his plate is bare he casts it away as well.

Clean up is quite considerable. Does anyone else have to mop
their ceiling?


No comments: