Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Why We Love Camping

Why We Love Camping:

1. Tanner can be himself:
loud
happy
excited
curious
content








filthy
dirty
messy
sticky










adventurous
independent







2. Hailey can be herself:
free
scientific
surprised
imaginative
explorer
collector
animal lover









We all love camping because we never know where we'll end up, what we'll see or what will happen. Last time, we saw twin baby fawns, mommy deer, monarch butterflies , six foot purple lupines, cow bones and a weird striped flying beetle which Hailey rescued from a stream. During the night, an animal dragged our trash bag into the woods and we had to go find it. We explored dusty roads, collected rocks and took in the scenery, but best of all, no TV, no electronic noise and no work.... it's just fun finding our way through the wilderness.


Where should we go next?????













































3 comments:

Casey Hyer Photography said...

I LOVE the pictures of Tanner. He has the best smile. He's so in his element and I can just hear his cute giggle, high pitched screams and see his hyper-extended arms and legs. I also love the Sound of Music photo. I think it's great that you take your kids camping. Those are the memories from my childhood that I really remember, and they will too!

Suzanne said...

I absolutely love this post with the descriptive words and I LOVE the pictures. I don't want to sound too cheesy but the pictures are so real and show true emotions of love and happiness. I could look at those sincere pictures over and over again...I think I'm going to go look at them again right now. Thanks for sharing them.

Ed and Susan said...

What great pictures of your camping experience. Loved the pictures of Tanner and Hailey. You can see how Tanner's face just light up doing what he loves. We need to go with you as a Family. Let's try to get-together.

Love ya, Mom