Tuesday, June 17, 2014

He Thinks He's Still Little

Sometimes I mess with Tanner by testing him. Most of the time I don't know what's going on in his little head. It is hard to truly know what he has learned and what he thinks about himself. Recently, I found an old "baby pool" in the back garage and remembered a three year old Tanner standing next to it so that he could splash with his little hands. It was a water toy designed for "hands only" type of play and not for sitting inside. I brought the well made plaything out of the shadows, sprayed off the decade old cobwebs and insect carcasses and filled it with water. Then I let Tanner out into the yard to see what he would do with the "new thing". I'll be darned if he didn't climb into the shallow water as if he were a toddler. He still thinks he's little. So even if the toy is a STEP 2 (for 24 month old) it still withstood a 120 pound 196 month old. Now that's durable.

No comments: