Monday, August 19, 2013

My Condition

Every couple of years I get out the sewing machine and sew something. I usually have to thread the thing by using the well worn manual. This year I was having some difficulties. It wasn't that I couldn't follow the "how to" page, the problem was that I couldn't thread the needle. First off I couldn't find the eye of the needle, secondly I couldn't see the end of the thread. I found myself trying to look closer and at the same time trying in vain to focus my eyes. Suddenly, horrifically I realized that I have THE CONDITION!!!
I am now in a twelve step program for my condition

1--I admit that I have presbyopia
2--I am powerless over my presbyopia
3--I will purchase a pair of fashionable bifocals that I will wear when needed
4--I will not be ashamed of my condition
5--I will learn to live with my condition
6--I will wear my bifocals around my neck on a beaded leash when the time comes
7--I will help my sisters come to terms with this condition when it is their turn

IMPOSSIBLE!


 





No comments: