Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Little Elbow Room...Not!


CALIFORNIA 2011

Just a quick trip to Dana Point, California and I wonder: Does the
beauty of Southern CA outweigh the crowds? There are some nice
beaches and shiny cars and amazing houses and flowering plants
and superb weather and good food and gorgeous people .....

and toned lifeguards and prestigious schools and major league
baseball. But what if you have to fight to catch a wave, or fight
to merge into traffic or fight to park the car?


Who gets the pleasure of riding this next wave?


Dave had to fight off 14 tourist kids and 5 locals just to ride into
the sand with his daughter.


And then there is the Class Distinction. You are either a surfer
or a swimmer. You can't be in each others space. We swimmers
were surprised when Jared and Nanette (surfers) actually
associated with with us.


After visiting Grandma and Grandpa Holt we all realized that
even their couch is crowded!

Looking GOOD aren't they! These two are the most adventurous
couple I've ever known. Their stories are legendary, not to mention
their kindness and generosity. I was so glad that our whole family
of 21 were able to spend time with my lovely grandparents.

I've decided that if I had $25 million I could possibly live in one
of those beach mansions on Strand Beach and have my chauffeur
do the driving. Ya, I think I could.


1 comment:

jared said...

where is the picture of Nanette getting chewed out by the steroid popping, tattooed pumping local who likes to yell anti-women slang? put that on the list of things So Cal has to offer.