Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Antigua 2011


A Vacation of Discovery

Dave, Hailey and I took our holiday to a little Caribbean island called
Antigua. We discovered that although our vacations are formally
a suspension of work they are definitely not a suspension of activity.
In other words, we often need a vacation from the vacation.

Dave discovered that his real calling in life is to be master and
commander of his own sailing vessel.


Hailey discovered that starfish are harder than they look, especially
when you step on one


We all discovered that little people like Hailey can gracefully
surmount a challenging jungle obstacle course while the rest of
us were stumbling around and holding on for dear life

Dave discovered that he would rather be hanging in a tree than
driving on the crazy roads. This is the most relaxed he was on the
whole trip

We all discovered windsurfing to be super fun, especially
because our instructor looked like Igor from Young
Frankenstein.... a bit "abby normal"

I discovered that holding a sea ray feels like holding a big slimy lougie


Jason discovered the underwater marathon


I was also thinking that if Dad decided to spend some time in
Antigua he could end up looking like this old geezer.

3 comments:

schmdoug said...

Hey Wendy, remember me? Doug Schmitt from Easter 1983 at the Chateau from LI, NY?

I came out the Chateau in 2008? I think, skied for a week.

I hope all is well with you. I'm a travel junkie too.

I'm doug.schmitt@yahoo.com

schmdoug said...

This is my blog - in my case mostly just a convenient way to dump pics.

schmdoug said...

http://thebostonargument.blogspot.com/