Monday, May 31, 2010

Under the Influence

Once every decade or so I succumb to a virus. I mean I really get
sick. And since I get sick so infrequently it's a new experience
every time. I forget that fevers lead to fuzzy thinking. When
I get a fever I do illogical things. Despite my obvious need
to just relax and the fact that I was practically coughing up my
liver, I instead thought it absolutely necessary to alphabetize
all 400 of our DVD's.

Dave asked me what I was doing.....I said "I DON'T KNOW!"
Then he carefully crept away with raised eyebrows.


(actually he told me it was a stupid idea and then I snarled
at him like a dog with rabies)





At one point while under the influence of raised body
temperature I actually woke up (kind of) and stood in
the bathtub because I had a dream that the tub was
a barrier to the dust which was making me cough.
Instead, I became chilled, snapped back to reality and
went back to bed. Soon I started coughing again, sat
up and reconsidered standing in the bathtub again.

I'm sick of being sick. Luckily my next virus isn't
scheduled until the year 2020.

3 comments:

Alisa Hosenfeld Hyer said...

no Tanner ever! hee hee hee . . .
i can't believe you alphabetized all your DVDs! what a gosh darn fun thing to do when you're sick. ha! i hope you're starting to feel better so we can bike 100 miles on Saturday.

Jason Poulsen said...

Did you number them after you alphabetized them? I thought I was the only person who did/said wierd things when I have a fever!

jared said...

you could have done something really crazy while under the influence and "compressed and digitalis" all those 400 DVD like Dave did under no influence. Its like a 4 hr project vs a 400 hour project. Tell Dave to start doing things under the influence.