Friday, October 16, 2009

You'll Like This One...


A funny thing happened at work the other day...

I was working in the Emergency Room, you know, where all the sick and hurt people congregate, and was called to do a bedside chest x-ray, which is quite an ordinary thing for me to do. As I pushed my x-ray machine down the hall to an awaiting patient, I noticed an inordinate and unusual amount of men in suits with those curly wires coming out of their ear. Also, IMC's security force was out in the halls whispering to each other.
I raised my eyebrows and said to myself ," There must be somebody important in the ER tonight". Then I continued on down the hallway, stopping at the particular room where I was to do the particular chest x-ray. I parted the curtains and professionally pushed my machine in. A very nice gentleman commented on how pink my scrubs were, for they were, indeed, a very nice shade of Pepto-Bismo (not that he said that , of course). I responded with my well rehearsed "I'm just trying to brighten the place up a bit". To which he replied, "Well, your smile does that."
Smiling some more at the compliment, I x-rayed this man's ailing wife and then returned to my area, noticing along the way, all the well dressed people standing around.
As I was completing my paperwork I happened to notice that my patient had the last name of Monson and then I recalled seeing a few missionaries in the waiting room, so I innocently asked my co-worker, "Hey, is there somebody important in the church with the last name of Monson?"
With an exasperated response, she said, "Yes, the Prophet". So then it hit me that the nice man who complimented me was indeed President Monson, the Prophet of the LDS church!!!
How did I not recognize him, you wonder. I guess I'm just not very observant.
Now, when I think back, I definitely don't deserve to be in the same room with a man who has the powers of Moses.









4 comments:

Ed and Susan said...

WOW! what an experience.

Suzanne said...

Pretty cool Wend,
You brightened up the Prophet's day!!! :)
--Jason

Nanette said...

That is way funny! I wish I could've seen your co-worker when you asked her!

Kristi said...

Sweet Wendy!