Sunday, February 15, 2015

What's New, Tanner?

As is usually the case, Tanner continues to create embarrassing situations for me. The most recent episode was a golden moment that I will remember forever. And so will a certain girl scout who was going door to door selling cookies....
I had just put Tanner in the bath, washed him up, gave him a big cup so that he could play in the tub, when the doorbell rang. Figuring that the boy would be content to splash around for a while I answered the door to discover a Girl Scout selling my most favorite cookies in the world. So of course I invited her into the foyer so that I could order my dozen boxes of Thin Mints. As I was writing down my contact information I saw this poor girl's eyes go very, very wide. Behind me was a very naked, very hairy Tanner walking down the hallway. I looked back at the girl and she was trying to avert her gaze from this most embarrassing situation. As Tanner came closer the girl shaded her eyes, I scribbled quickly on the order form and ushered her out. "Well at least you'll have an interesting story to tell your mom" I said apologetically.
Something tells me that I won't be receiving my cookies this year.

No comments: