Saturday, April 12, 2014

No Big Deal Birthday

Well, my little daughter turned 15 today. I can't say it was a joyful occasion because, you see, teenagers aren't allowed to celebrate and be merry. They are very serious people. Enjoyment is seen as a weakness. When I asked Hailey what she wanted to do on her special day she said....nothing.  So for my own benefit I took balloons and donuts to her soccer game and made everyone sing "happy birthday" to her. How embarrassing!



And since Hailey turns 15 only once in a lifetime we felt obligated to get her a gift (although when asked what she wanted she said....nothing).

Now that the birthday cheer has petered out I can only look back nostalgically at  Hailey's past birthdays to find the true joy and wonder of childhood.

-----first bike 5yrs old


-----second bike 8yrs old


-----third bike 11yrs old

-----LAST bike 15yrs old


-----NEXT year??? Good luck sweetheart, you're going to need it!!

No comments: