Friday, December 27, 2013

Come Back

I am in mourning. My delightful, creative and friendly daughter has been taken over by a surly teenage alien. I look at this alien being and try to glimpse the little girl who loved to laugh and share her thoughts. As I try to communicate with it I feel like we don't even speak the same language. It seems distracted by electronic devices. It acts as if it has no time to talk. It stays in it's room for long periods of time. All I want is my goofy daughter back. Other parents who have also hosted teenage aliens tell me that it takes a couple of years before they recognize their charming children again. All I know is that I miss her.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome to the real world, darlin'
After raising 4 teenage girls I find that some things never change

Unknown said...

After being a mother to 4 teenage girls, I'm not surprised my sweet, adorable Hailey has succumbed