Monday, April 15, 2013

A+ For Effort

Hailey wanted to make sure I had a great birthday. In her opinion more presents equals more love so throughout the week she has been wrapping up her gifts to me. As I started opening these gifts I had a funny feeling that I had seen them all before. I soon discovered that the lotions and soaps were all from my cupboard. The candles had been lit before. However, all items had a fancy ribbon or other embellishment to make it look "better" than it had been before. The best gift of all was a collage of photos she managed to collect and put in a frame entitled "Celebrate Everyday!". My fourteen year old daughter may not have access to the local mall but she sure showed me that even though she can't buy me anything for my birthday, she can show me how much she loves me through her creativity.

Thank you everybody for making my birthday a special one!

No comments: