Sunday, January 16, 2011

My Mom is Cooler Than Your Mom !


My mom is really fun. She does stuff, lots of stuff. My mom is
not the typical mom. When I go to her house she does not offer
me freshly baked cookies nor does she knit me a sweater.
Instead, she tells me to grab a water bottle because we're about
to go on a strenuous bike ride.
When she plans our yearly family vacations we never go to a
plush resort or a relaxing beach. No, we go hiking and
climbing and exploring and rafting and camping and biking.
It's exhausting!

Mom traversed a steep cliff to make it to this river. Risky behavior
for a 65 year old! Not a good example for your grandchildren!



Slot canyons will not stop her.


Bring on the danger!


How many moms do you know that will sleep out under the
stars miles and miles from civilization. My mom will!


My mom doesn't get her nails done, she doesn't get facials at
the spa. She doesn't watch Opra or read gossip magazines.
My mom is a mover.



No way is mom going to sit idly at the beach wearing a wide
brimmed hat. She's not an old lady!



She even plays the electric guitar. Rock it Mom!

The moments I relish most of all are when we all sit down at
the same chaotic table and have a big chaotic dinner. We
do this at least once a month. Thanks to mom!

5 comments:

Nanette said...

couldn't have said it better... The "Mother" is extraordinary.

Suzanne said...

THAT'S MY MOM!

Nanette couldn't have said it better by saying "couldn't have said it better".

Alisa Hosenfeld Hyer said...

Hooray for Mom!! What would we do without you?

jared said...

my mom is better then your mom! jared

Ed and Susan said...

Thanks for the nice blog. By the way, probably time to get your bicycle tuned so we can start training for 58 miles in Little Red Riding Hood ride June 4th.

Love YA.
Mom