Thursday, June 17, 2010

Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader?

Fifth grade was a good year. Fifth grade was a hard year. Fifth grade
was a year of big projects and great feats of memorization. And
since I expected Hailey to learn the curriculum then I had to
re-learn it as well.

Science Fair Project: We learned that rotten tomatoes can stink up
the whole house.


Invention Project: Each fifth grader had to come up with a unique
invention of their own and demonstrate it to the class.
-Introducing the "Shovel Shoe", you'll never have to bend over again-



State Project: Everything you ever wanted to know about New York!



Autobiography: "I was a cute bald baby who loved to smile but didn't
like to eat..."


Book Review: An dramatized book report


United States Presentation: tracing America's history through song

And that's not all.....
Hailey and I know all the states and capitals (go ahead, quiz me!)
We know all about Colonial America, slavery, immigration, explorers
We know how to change fractions into decimals
We know how to find the perimeter and area of geometrical shapes

Wow! I'm as smart as a fifth grader now!

3 comments:

Alisa Hosenfeld Hyer said...

I bet that teacher is exhausted! I'm glad you've been able to re-learn so many things with Hailey this year. You're pop quiz could be at any time and worth 90% of your grade.

Ed and Susan said...

HOW FUN! REVIEWING ALL YOUR 5th GRADE ACTIVITIES THROUGH HAILEY!

CONGRATULATIONS HAILEY ON A GREAT YEAR

Lots of Love
Grandma and Grandpa

Chandler said...

Man am I glad I wasn't in that class. This 5th grade year I had like one or two small prodgects. That is why I am not looking forward to study every night 6th grade.

Chandler