Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Can Anyone Teach This Kid How to Vacuum?

In my house I have this innocuous piece of machinery which helps
me with my daily chores. It's quite commonplace and
unobjectionable until Tanner gets a hold of it. Apparently, the
vacuum is a dear friend for Tanner. Maybe it's the monotone drone
of the motor, or the obnoxious sucking sound of the hose, or the
loudness, or the fact that it doesn't run away. In any case, Tanner
will run this vacuum endlessly until bedtime. When I unplug it,
he re-plugs it. When I turn it off, he turns it on. When I put it away,
he takes it out. My only hope is to hide it.

Sometimes the vacuum is in the shower.....


Sometimes the vacuum is in my closet, sometimes it's in the
basement, or in the garage or locked in the laundry room.
Wherever it is hidden, sooner or later, Tanner finds it and
brings it out. It's kind of like a game we play.... how long will it
take Tanner to find the vacuum. Now if he could only use it for
good and not for evil!

2 comments:

jared said...

sounds like nanette and chocolate.

Ed and Susan said...

What a Kid . . . almost like remotes his number 1 love