Sunday, April 26, 2009

SLC Bike Tour 2009


It all started last year when mom started giving me bike accessories. First she got me some bike shorts because they were on sale. Next came a bike jersey because it was "so cheap". Soon gloves and a helmet... Next thing I know, I'm riding mom's road bike.
So, this all lead me to riding 26 miles in the Salt Lake City Bike Tour/ Marathon.

We started out in the dark, early morning hour of 6:00 a.m. in the midst of 1,500 fellow bikers. As the sky began to lighten we were already 10 miles into the mostly downhill route from the Legacy Bridge by the University to the Gateway Plaza downtown. Me and mom rode the last 15 miles together to the finish. It was an easy course until I was humiliated by a runner passing me by on the way up State Street....



Dad and Jared finishing it up
(Dad was the 2nd oldest rider out of 1,500 applicants)



The early morning start



3 comments:

Ed and Susan said...

That Bike Tour was a great time. Loved those bicycle only roads and all the intersections with lights were protected by the police . . going through red lights was so fun. Glad you enjoyed the ride

Suzanne said...

I'm so glad you guys did the ride. Jason wants to do it every year. Hopefully next year will be warmer and have better food at the end.
Thanks for waiting around to see me come to the finish line. I didn't expect to see everyone there and it was fun to go to lunch afterwards.

Kristi said...

That was a riot!!! I loved it. Can you send me those pictures to my email lineski360@yahoo.com