Friday, September 5, 2008

WHAT IF?? part 2





When Hailey was a little bun in the oven, I was just beginning to understand the implications of Tanner's problems. Tanner had just received a probable diagnosis of an inherited syndrome so the geneticist cautioned me about having more children. However, I was already 5 months pregnant with a baby girl. As the physician glanced over at his assistant I felt sick. If I had known the genetic component to Tanner's disabilities I wouldn't have gotten pregnant again.


Still, the wheels were in motion.




Four months later I had a beautiful and healthy baby girl. As she cried heartily I was so happy. Hailey became my pride and joy. She is so energetic and delightful and normal. Even today I love to be around her, I love to talk to her, I love to listen to her, I love to watch her. How grateful I am that she "happened" before I had a chance to think. I can't imagine my life without her and the little taste of normalcy she brings to my life.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Wendy it really is amazing that the timing of all those events happened like they did. What would we do without Tanner and Hailey? Obviously Tanner is here to teach us... and Hailey is such a help to you in many ways and is such a sunshine. We love them both so much and are happy the "what if" never happened.

PS I love reading your posts and am so glad YOU'RE A BLOGGER!!!