Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Great Time With A Great Family!!

It was in May that my parents, siblings and spouses took a float down the Colorado River. Mom had planned this trip for 18 months; Dad was just glad it wasn't a Caribbean cruise. We took four days floating and hiking amongst the most beautiful scenery in the world. The red cliffs,the fresh water falls, the wide, meandering river all created an experience I'll never forget. But most of all, during this adventure, I was most struck by the absolute "coolness" of my family. I realized that there is not one bad apple amongst us. During our time together I looked on with pride, seeing the very best of mankind right in front of me. I truly am so impressed with the spouses my siblings have chosen. Martel is certainly the most hardest working, happy and friendliest guys I know, Casey is so casual and undemanding and tolerant, Jason is pragmatic, brilliant but humble, Nanette is always able to survive the most brutal political conversations with her head held high and with good humor. I didn't do so bad either; Dave keeps everyone entertained with his self- depreciating wisecracks and not so subtle commentary . I can't express enough what a joy it is to be so closely involved with such great people. So thank you mom and dad for making the great river trip possible, and for keeping us all together.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Loved your post and the "typical Dave" section. (There is never a lack of entertainment with Dave.)

That was a great river trip. It will be hard to beat. We do have such a cool family. We are all different but fit so well together. Everyone is such an example to me of acceptance and love, cuz I definately feel like the bad apple from time to time. You guys really are a bunch of admirable people.

Casey Hyer Photography said...

That was a perfect vacation for us. I think you married the most entertaining spouse of them all. Dave and his "classic" moments and comments crack me up! I think it's great that we all like to hang out with each other and hopefully that will continue forever!

Ed and Susan said...

THanks for the "typical Dave" section---so funny. Can't imagine our fam without Dave. Loved your description of our trip and great members of our family. Will always remember wonderful memories of our Rafting Trip with everyone.

Luv ya
Mom